Monday, May 11, 2009

my golden leafed plant!:-)


in the pressed flower world this plant is like gold!...literally!...

many leaves turn golden yellow...poplar and maple to name just a few... but they are still noticeably yellow and not gold...

it's name is machilus thunbergii...and i had heard rave reviews about how beautiful it is by some pressed flower artists that attended the philadelphia flower show...
http://www.theflowershow.com/attractions/index.html ... and were lucky enough to see it in person...

i had to have it!:-)...when it arrived it looked like a rather scrawny rhododendron...no gold in sight!...now, it is growing and has new leaves on top!:-)...they are a beautiful reddish color...still no gold, but i am hopeful!:-)

enjoy and think gold!:-)

rebekah:-)
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

very pretty as it is! How tall does it get?

Katiejane said...

This is a lovely plant and I'm sure the leaves are wonderful when pressed. You do fantastic artwork with pressed flowers! I don't know how you found my blog, but I'm glad you stopped by so that I could know you. I love looking at your marvelous pictures and you are a true inspiration. Thanks.

Elizabeth said...

Looking forward to finding out if the leaves really turn golden for you.

Is it a perennial?

Elizabeth